1. Preheat panini grill.
2. Top each of 4 bread slices evenly with Tofurky or veggie ham, fontina cheese, and arugula. Spread 1 tablespoon Manna Organics Fig & Nut Butter evenly over 1 side of each of remaining 4 bread slices; top sandwiches with remaining bread slices. Coat outsides of sandwiches with olive oil. Place sandwiches on panini grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. Cut panini in half before serving, if desired.
Served 4. Enjoy :)
Cut bread into 1 inch cubes into a Pyrex pan. Preheat oven to 370 F.
Sautee the onions, celery and carrots. Add the sage, Spike, salt and pepper. Mix into the pyrex pan with the bread cubes. Now, add the soaked almonds, raisins and/or cranberries.
Add broth. You want the bread moist but not soggy.
Cover and bake for 30 min. at 370 F. Then remove cover and continue baking for approx. 30 minutes, until the top is crusty.
Always let MANNA BREAD® thaw, and cut with a serrated bread knife dipped in water.
We like our Manna bread best heated or toasted. A toaster oven is recommended. Or put it out in the sun for a about 10 minutes...
Although sprouted MANNA BREAD® is not your typical sandwich base bread, it is wonderfully delicious with nut butters, jams, natural cheeses, cream cheese and cottage cheese. Try it with tahini, enjoy it buttered, with a savory soup or stack it with sandwich stuff --- or just eat it as is!
- Great breakfast food
- Complex Carbohydrates - they stay with you all day and keep you energized.
- Optimum fuel on the go - while driving, hiking, biking.
- A really good pick-me-up with a cup of java or afternoon tea.
- Midnight munchies? Nothing satisfies that like a couple of fresh MANNA BREAD® slices.
Need more ideas?
Toast 2 thick slices of Carrot Raisin Manna bread. Slather in cream cheese or vegan spread. Add slices of fresh kiwi. Amazing!
Air-dry sliced Sunseed Manna bread and cut in cubes. Add to you favorite salad or soup.
Toasted Manna bread makes a great dipping bread for virgin olive oil, or as option on a veggie dip tray.
Use the Fig Fennel Flax Manna bread instead of, or in addition to crackers with a cheese tray. Try a Goat milk brie with it... heavenly!
Pan-fry the Whole Rye Manna bread to create a savory snack: Add tahini, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, almonds, cashews. Drizzle honey on it. Let cool and bag for a powerful snack.
Use the Whole Rye Manna Bread, drizzle flax seed oil and sprinkle coarsly ground salt on it. Yumm.
The possibilities are endless!
Got a little more time? Make our all-time favorite...
Vegan French Toast
4 servings, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Cinnamon Date Manna bread
- 2 cups organic vanilla soy milk
- 4-5 tablespoons organic flour (spelt is great)
- 3 teaspoons vegan sugar
- A dash of organic cinnamon and organic nutmeg
- Organic vanilla extract
- Powdered organic sugar
Mix flour, soy milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon to form a batter. Dip bread and fry in lightly greased pan until golden brown. Sprinkle with vegan powdered sugar. Top with your favorite sliced fruit and fresh berries.
BAVARIAN STYLE SOURDOUGH BREADS:
- Toast them and top with fresh butter, cottage cheese, nut butters, jam
- Enjoy a toasted and buttered slice with soup
- Make a hearty sandwich. Use your favorite sandwich recipe and substitute our organic sourdough bread with your usual fare.
- Cut in cubes, dry and use as croutons in soup or over salad
- Make bruschetta
Manna Organics Whole Rye Sourdough:
Spread a little stone ground mustard, add a lettuce leaf, then a slice of swiss cheese (sub for vegan: a meat free deli slice like tofurky), dust with paprika powder. Wunderbar!
Manna Organics Multigrain Flax Sourdough:
Spread cream cheese on toasted bread and add fresh sliced red or yellow bell pepper, top with a dash of fresh ground pepper - hearty and healthy!
Manna Organics Sunny Sourdough:
The slightly nutty and rich flavor of this sourdough variety makes amazing grilled cheese sandwiches, which are my kids' all time favorite quick-to-prepare
The sourdough breads are vegan. Use hummus instead of cream cheese or cheese. Soy cheeses and fried tofu/tempeh as topping is simply amazing.
Got a little more time and appetite for a savory sandwich? Make...
Markus' Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Makes 2 double-decker sandwiches. Prep time 15 min.
This will make you yodel with delight!
- Your favorite vegan meat-substitute (e.g. tempeh, Tofurky, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons vegan Thousand Island dressing (Organicville makes a good one!)
- One tomato, sliced
- ½ read onion, sliced or minced
- 2 leaves organic lettuce
- Manna Organics Whole Rye Sourdough bread
Lightly fry your tempeh or tofurky slices in a greased pan. Add the sourkraut on the side of the pan to warm it up. Cover and set aside.
Spread vegan mayonaise on 2 slices of lightly toasted Manna Organics Whole Rye Sourdough bread, add a lettuce leaf..
Add the sauerkraut and tempeh or veggie slices. Drizzle the dressing directly on to the tempeh or veggie slices. Cover with tomato slices and onion.
Spread the stone ground mustard on the the other 2 slices of lightly toasted bread and top your sandwich off.
Bavarian Tofu Cutlets
Makes 4 servings, Preparation time: 5 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- Vegetable oil
- Liquid Maggi or Tamari or soy sauce
- Garlic powder
- Paprika powder
- Onion powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Manna Organics Sourdough Bread
Cut tofu in 9-10 slices. Dry well. Fry at med. heat in vegetable oil. Sprinkle Maggi or Tamari/Soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Turn over, and add a little Maggi and the paprika powder on the other side.
Optional: Just before serving, while tofu cutlets are still in the pan, top with your favorite cheese (Cheddar or Swiss is recommended) and melt over the tofu slice. Serve warm on toasted Manna Organics Sourdough bread.
Sourdough Bread Crostini with Roasted Carrot Hummus
(Courtesy of www.cleancuisineandmore.com) Makes 6 servings, Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 3 slices Manna Organics Sunny Sourdough bread
- Organic Extra Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 4 large organic whole carrots, peeled
- 2-3 cloves organic fresh garlic, or minced garlic in jar
- 1 tbs Julienne cut sundried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 organic lime
Crostini: Cut Manna bread slice in quarters. Brush with organic extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle a little sea salt and toast in oven, 425 F for 10-15 min, or use cast iron skillet on oven, and turn frequently.
Hummus: Brush peeled carrots with olive oil, sprinkle a little salt on them. Roast in oven on baking tray for at 425F for about 40 min. Let cool, then cut in pieces and put in food processor. Add 2-3 chopped garlic cloves, or 3 tbs prepared garlic from a jar. Add sundried tomatoes, lime juice and chop in food processor for a few seconds. Do not over process.
Add 1 tbs of hummus on each bread square.